Braised Balsamic Chicken
Author: Nami Moon Farms via http://allrecipes.com/recipe/braised-balsamic-chicken/
Recipe type: Main
This Braised Balsamic Chicken is good with either rice or pasta. Green beans make a nice side dish.
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- Season chicken breasts with ground black pepper and garlic salt. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet, and brown the onion and seasoned chicken breasts.
- Pour tomatoes and balsamic vinegar over chicken, and season with basil, oregano, rosemary and thyme. Simmer until chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear, about 15 minutes.