Kiwi Chicken Tostadas
Author: Nami Moon Farms
Recipe type: Main
Crunchy, sweet, spicy, and juicy — all the things you crave piled high on one tostada. Kiwifruit brings a unique flare to the Mexican-inspired recipe.
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- ¼ cup light dairy sour cream
- 2 tablespoons bottled salsa
- 4 6 inches corn tortillas, warmed*, or purchased baked tostada shells
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 ounce Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno chile peppers, shredded
- Bottled salsa (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine cumin, crushed red pepper, and salt. Brush all sides of chicken with oil; sprinkle evenly with cumin mixture.
- Place chicken on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 12 to 15 minutes or until no longer pink (170 degrees F), turning once halfway through grilling.
- Cut chicken into bite-size strips. In a small bowl combine sour cream and 2 tablespoons salsa. Spread mixture onto warmed tortillas. Top with lettuce, kiwi, chicken, and cheese. If desired, top with a spoonful of additional salsa.