Dried Cherry, Toasted Almond Turkey Salad Sandwiches
Author: Nami Moon Farms
Recipe type: Lunch
Dried fruit, almonds, and a touch of ginger make these 10-minute sandwiches deliciously different. Serve with baked chips for a superfast supper.
- ¼ cup slivered almonds (about 1 ounce)
- ¼ cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 3 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon bottled ground fresh ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¾ cup thinly sliced celery
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup dried cherries
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 8 ounces roasted turkey breast, chopped
- 4 (6-inch) whole wheat pitas, cut in half
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add almonds; cook 2 minutes or until toasted, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, ginger, and pepper in a medium bowl. Add almonds, celery, and next 4 ingredients (through turkey), stirring well to combine. Spoon ⅓ cup turkey mixture into each pita half.